GLOBE Community Grants – 2021 Recipients

We are delighted to announce the following very worthy recipients of the 2021 GLOBE Community, Small Business and Scholarship Grants. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this year’s GLOBE Grants program and we wish you every success for the future!

GLOBE has a long history of providing financial support to individuals, groups and organisations in the Victorian LGBTIQ+ community with the GLOBE Community Grants, and more recently the GLOBE Scholarship and GLOBE Small Business Grants. Since its inception, GLOBE has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to worthwhile causes and activities. This year is no exception!

$2,000 GLOBE Community Grants awarded to:

Barwon Health Palliative Care Program

The recent appointment of a LGBTIQ+ Project Officer in the Barwon Health Palliative Care Program aims to improve the cultural safety and inclusion of LGBTIQ+ people in the Geelong and Barwon Southwest region as they enter end of life care. This Grant will facilitate an independent evaluation of the project to ensure it is meeting the needs of LGBTIQ+ patients receiving palliative care in the region.


Bendigo Pride Festival

The GLOBE Community Grant will support the first Fair Day event for Bendigo Pride, to be held in Rosalind Park Bendigo on Saturday 19 March 2022.


Bridge Meals

The GLOBE Community Grant will support the work of BridgeMeals in providing monthly free dinners, picnics, get-togethers and workshops for people living in Melbourne who are LGBTIQ+ refugees, asylum seekers and forcefully displaced people from different parts of the world.


The Shed

The Shed is a Melbourne-based support group for trans masculine people including those who are non-binary and questioning or exploring their gender. The GLOBE Community Grant will support their chest binder program.


Victorian Pride Lobby

The Victorian Pride Lobby will host two online ‘Local Government Turns Rainbow’ forums, one for Councillors and the other for Council officers. Some Councillors are facing opposition from their colleagues in the Council Chamber when trying to support the LGBTIQ+ community in their local area. Council officers are trying to meet the needs of the LGBTIQ+ community, but are unsure how to do this with an unsupportive Council. These forums are intended to help Councillors and Council officers feel better equipped to successfully advocate on these issues. There will be a specific focus on rural and regional Victoria.

$4,000 GLOBE Small Business Grants awarded to:


Melbourne Candle Company

The GLOBE Small Business Grant will support marketing activity including helping to fund a new website and product photography for the website. The Grant will also support the application of branding on a new van, branded packaging material and a branded pop-up gazebo.


TaxAssist Accountants

60% of the GLOBE Small Business Grant will be used to finance a marketing campaign exclusively in the LGBTIQ+ market. The remaining 40% will be used to fund the consultation fees of LGBTIQ+ people who want to start a business and need to write a business plan or want to register as a sole trader.

$2,000 GLOBE Scholarship awarded to Luka Ritter


The GLOBE Scholarship is awarded to a student or early career professional whose work we believe will be of the most benefit to the LGBTIQ+ community.

Awarded to Luka Ritter this year, the GLOBE Scholarship will allow him to attend the Australian Professional Association for Transgender Health Conference in Darwin. Luka has been invited to the Conference to share the findings of his Bachelor of Arts honours research. His honours thesis is titled “Permanent and Impermanent Scars: An Autoethnography of the Traumatised Transmasculine Body”.