The GLOBE Community Awards celebrate achievement in Victoria’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex communities.
The awards highlight the work of all types of organisations that benefit or unite the LGBTI community and highlight the outstanding work and contribution of individuals in our community.
The awards began in 2014 and have become a strong part of the Victorian community to recognise the inspiring people and organisations that work to benefit LGBTI people.
The 2018 GLOBE Community Awards will be held on Friday 19 October 2018 at the Glasshouse (Olympic Park).
In 2018, awards will be presented in the following categories:
- A healthy community, sponsored by VicHealth
- Connecting the LGBTI community, sponsored by Optus
- ANZ Excellence in Business
- Protecting our community, sponsored by Lander and Rogers
- Media excellence, sponsored by Think HQ
- Artist of the year, sponsored by RMIT
- Straight ally of the year
- Volunteer of the year
- John Marriott Sports Person of the Year
- Victorian LGBTI Person of the Year