TAGS: Positions Vacant
Join the GLOBE Committee as our next Community Specialist
We are looking for a friendly and pragmatic person who can build a strong rapport with the wider LGBTI community. You will be operating in a fast-paced environment with highly challenging and rewarding opportunities.
GLOBE has a desire to better reflect the community we serve. We encourage LBTQ women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to apply for this position.
About the role
Reporting to the GLOBE Community Director and forming part of a diverse, dynamic, and passionate team, this role is critical to GLOBE’s future.
GLOBE’s Community Awards program was established in 2014 to highlight the work of all types of organisations that benefit or unite the LGBTI community, and highlight the outstanding work and contribution of individuals in our community.
As the GLOBE Community Specialist, you will assist the GLOBE Community Director with the day to day management of both the GLOBE Community Awards and Community Grants programmes.
- Assist the GLOBE Community Director to maintain a strong relationship with GLOBE’s community partners (inc. JOY 94.9, Switchboard Victoria and Hares and Hyenas)
- Assist in the development and execution of the GLOBE Community Awards and Community Grants programs
- Regularly connect with other LGBTI community organisations to identify and assist to execute opportunities for partnership
What you’ll need to succeed
- Motivation to succeed. We are looking for self-starters who are dedicated, able to prioritise and operate with a sense of urgency and ownership to see things through to completion.
- Stakeholder management experience
- Experience planning and executing events or projects is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- A passion and commitment to providing back to the LGBTI community
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to plan and execute large scale events and/or projects
Applying for this position
Applications close on Friday 15th February 2019 at 5pm
Applications can be addressed to Dan de Rochefort | Dan.deRochefort@globemelbourne.com.au