TAGS: Positions Vacant
Join GLOBE as a Small Business Specialist
If you are an energetic, committed and passionate about Small Business, we have an opportunity for you to join our diverse, dynamic, and passionate team.
We are looking for a driven and pragmatic person who understands the needs of a Small Business owner and wants to help them network and make long lasting connections. You will be operating in a fast-paced environment with highly challenging and rewarding opportunities.
Knowledge of Small Business is desirable but not mandatory.
GLOBE has a desire to better reflect the community we serve. We encourage LBTQ women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to apply for this position.
About the role
Assisting GLOBE’s Small Business Director, the GLOBE Small Business Specialist will assist in the growth and development of engagement activities for GLOBE’s Small Business Portfolio. Our Small Business members are crucial to our community; therefore, this role is a critical component of our team, ensuring we provide greater value to our Small Business Members.
- Assisting the Small Business Director, grow GLOBE’s Small Business Membership portfolio by networking with LGBTI Small Business owners and promoting the benefits of GLOBE
- Ensure the ongoing engagement of GLOBE Small Business Members, by regularly contacting them to discuss their needs
- Working with our Marketing team, promote GLOBE Small Business Members products and services to the wider community;
- Proactively engage with GLOBE Small Business Members during the membership onboarding process to ensure a smooth introduction to GLOBE
- Proactively engage with Small Business Members whose membership is due to expire within 30 days to encourage renewal
- Working with the Small Business Director, identify, develop and implement processes and initiatives that will allow our members to connect and grow their business.
- Assist the Small Business Director to identify high-calibre speakers to deliver relevant content that assists our Small Businesses to grow and prosper
- Working with our Events Coordinators, design, plan, and deliver Learning and Development events that develops our members skills and knowledge as well as providing insights that will help their businesses grow and thrive.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Motivation to succeed;
- Strong communication skills
- A passion and commitment to providing back to the LGBTI community
- Organised and with good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a small business environment is desirable