TAGS: Positions Vacant
Join the GLOBE Committee as an LBTQ Consultant
As part of ongoing succession planning, the GLOBE Committee of Management is currently seeking applications to fill two Committee Consultant vacancies (12 month position) which will commence in January 2019.
Please note – These roles are voluntary positions
If you are an energetic, committed and people focused individual, we have an opportunity for you to join our diverse, dynamic, and passionate team.
We are looking for two (2) friendly and pragmatic persons who identify as a Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender or Queer women to join the GLOBE Committee in an advisory capacity to assist in the development and implementation of our strategic growth plan.
You will be operating in a fast-paced environment with highly challenging and rewarding opportunities.
About the role
Reporting to the GLOBE President and forming part of a diverse, dynamic, and passionate team, these two (2) role are critical to GLOBE’s future.
GLOBE has a strong growth agenda, with particular focus on diversifying our offering to meet the needs of the wider LGBTI Community. The position of GLOBE Consultant will play a pivotal role in building on our already strong community ties and increase our connection with members of the LBTQ community in Victoria.
- Attend a minimum of nine (9) scheduled Committee of Management meetings per annum, plus one (1) overnight Strategy Planning offsite and the AGM
- Act as a representative of the Victorian LBTQ community at GLOBE Committee of Management meetings and Strategy Planning meetings
- Working with the GLOBE Diversity Director, provide guidance to build the engagement of LBTQ peoples at GLOBE events and functions
What you’ll need to succeed
- Motivation to succeed
- Experience contributing to strategic plans is essential desirable
- Strong connection with the Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender or Queer Community is essential
- Strong communication skills
- A passion and commitment to providing back to the LGBTI community
- Organised and with strong time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and execute large scale events and/or projects
GLOBE is a not for profit LGBTI Community Organisation that unites Victorian LGBTI individuals, groups and their supporters through social, professional and community events.
In its 26th year, GLOBE continues to move from strength to strength in its plight to support, promote and drive the Victorian LGBTI Community.
Community is central to GLOBE’s purpose.
GLOBE has a long and proud tradition of providing financial support to Victoria’s LGBTI individuals, groups and organisations through the GLOBE Community Grants program. To date, we’ve given out more than $100,000 in grants and scholarships.
Applying for this position
Applications close on Friday 9th November 2018 at 5pm
Applications can be addressed to Dan de Rochefort | Dan.deRochefort@globemelbourne.com.au