TAGS: Positions Vacant
GLOBE Committee Vacancy - Marketing & Communications Director
GLOBE has an opportunity for a self-driven, energetic, committed individual to join our diverse, dynamic, and passionate volunteer organisation as our next Marketing and Communications Director.
A pragmatic person, the successful candidate likes to get their hands dirty and make things happen. You will hold ownership of GLOBE’s 26 year old brand and the freedom to evolve it to better serve the organisation and its position in the community.
GLOBE has a desire to better reflect the community we serve. We encourage LBTQ women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to apply for this position.
About the role
Reporting to GLOBE President and being essential to GLOBE’s daily operation as well as our future growth, the GLOBE Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for the continued growth of GLOBE’s brand so that we can increase our level of influence for individual professionals and small businesses.
GLOBE has an established presence on Social Media and Community based publications. A key part of our growth strategy is to drive engagement in these two channels. As Marketing and Communications Director, you would lead a team of Marketing professionals to develop and drive a strategy that achieves these goals.
- Be a passionate Brand Ambassador for GLOBE and its sub-brands (GLOBE Networking, GLOBE Community Awards, GLOBE Community Grants and GLOBE Growth) – attending a minimum of 9 out of 12 monthly committee meetings and an annual strategy offsite
- Overseeing of the planning and, development of a Marketing and Communications strategy which is in line with GLOBE’s broader growth strategy
- Attract Marketing professionals to join the GLOBE Marketing sub-committee, and inspire and lead them to deliver on the GLOBE Marketing and Communications strategy
- Report on the growth, utilisation and effectiveness of all used Communication Mediums, providing insight into the improvement of Communication methods used by GLOBE
- Developing and execute satisfaction/net promoter score/ feedback surveys – presenting findings and recommendations based on survey responses to the GLOBE Committee for the improvement of all GLOBE activities and initiatives
- Be responsible for the ongoing management of all GLOBE owned communications mediums, including the GLOBE website (WordPress), Mailchimp and Social Media
- Foster and grow a relationship with key community-based media outlets (i.e. Star Observer and Joy 94.9) to the benefit of GLOBE
What you’ll need to succeed
- Marketing, Brand, Advertising and/or Communications background
- Motivation to succeed
- Experience contributing to strategic plans is desirable
- Exceptional customer focus including the ability to have conversations with a wide variety of stakeholders
- A passion and commitment to providing back to the LGBTI community
- Organised and with good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to inspire and lead a small team of volunteers