Supporting the Victorian LGBTI Community for 27 years
GLOBE is a not-for-profit Community Organisation that unites Victorian LGBTIQ+ professionals and Small Businesses through social, professional networking, training and development focused events.
In its 27th year, GLOBE continues to move from strength to strength in its mandate to assist the growth of Victoria’s LGBTIQ+ community through creating strong connections for professionals and Small Business owners.
In addition to our much-loved monthly networking events, where we provide like-minded people with a space to forge long lasting connections, GLOBE also provides value to the LGBTIQ+ community through:
Our Focus on Women program, featuring different topics of discussion and aims to provide a platform for different people within our community to engage with GLOBE members.
Our, GLOBE Growth development programs, where in partnership with our corporate members, we’ve designed a series of professional development sessions accessible to all. As well as an additional series of sessions designed specifically for the development and growth of LGBTIQ+ owned Small Businesses.
Committed to celebrating and supporting the Victorian LGBTI Community
GLOBE Community Awards program
The awards, in partnership with the Victorian Government, celebrate achievement in Victoria’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex communities.
The awards highlight the work of a diverse range of organisations that benefit or unite the LGBTIQ+ community and highlight the outstanding work and contribution of individuals in our community.
The awards began in 2014 and have become an integral part of the Victorian LGBTIQ+ community; recognising the inspiring people and organisations that work to benefit LGBTI people.
To date, we have awarded 54 Victorian individuals and organisations
GLOBE Community Grants program
Through our GLOBE Community Grants programme, GLOBE has a long and proud tradition of providing financial support to Victoria’s LGBTIQ+ individuals, students and organisations.
Over our 27 year history, GLOBE has donated well over $500,000.
Our 2019 Community Grants programme was our largest to date, where we awarded grants and scholarships totalling $34,000. We look forward to continued growth of this program throughout 2020.
Engaged community of Victorian LGBTI professionals and Small Business owners
Engaged & Satisfied Community
- Engagement with GLOBE monthly communication is 50%+ (industry benchmark 24%)
- 78% attend GLOBE networking events throughout the year
- Satisfaction for GLOBE events is >70%
- 78% proud to be part of GLOBE
- Average satisfaction for members is 7.4
- Broad range of ages — 37% under the age of 40, 53% 40 — 60yo and 10% 60+ years of age
- Geographically dispersed throughout Victoria
- Affluent community — Average income $130k PA
Community Minded Community
- Over half get involved with GLOBE to support the community
- 80% believe GLOBE supports the community
Over 3,000 members in our community
63% see GLOBE as an advocate for LGBTIQ+ diversity and inclusion in Victoria
Awareness of major sponsors is 60%
- A respected and successful organisation to demonstrate your commitment to the LGBTIQ+ community
- Strengthen employee engagement with LGBTIQ+ employees by offering them networking and growth opportunities
- Partnering with GLOBE provides organisations the opportunity to outsource parts of your diversity and inclusion program
- Strengthen your brand perception with an affluent group of LGBTIQ+ consumers
- Drive sales by offering exclusive special offers to the LGBTIQ+ community